Careers at Equipo Academy
Apply to be Our Next School Principal
2024-2025 School Principal Application
School Principal Pre-Interview Task
Our team is preparing to grow our work from a school into a movement! This October we begin the search for the next school principal to lead our flagship Equipo Academy. This page has been created for official information and updates on the formation and work of the School Principal Search Committee. Make sure to join the Commitee’s Remind group for updates and information and return for the official application to open on October 15, 2023.
or text @easearch to 81010
View Documents and Updates from the Committee
Announce School Principal Transition for the 2024-2025 School Year
– Communications to Staff/Board (began 2021)
– Communications to Students/Families/Alumni (bilingual)
Open School Principal Search Website
– Launch Search Committee Application/Nomination Link
– Post Overview of Process Timeline
– Create Remind Group to Subscribe for Updates Option
– Interest form for Candidate
Form Search Committee
– Open Constituent Elections of Search Committee Members
– Elections for Each Constituency Representative on October 10
– First Meeting of the Committee October 13
Open School Principal Application
– Application Opens on Website and Shared with All Constituencies
– Applications Accepted Through October 29
Interview Process Begins
– Interview Process to be Designed and Scheduled by Search Committee
– Confidential in Initial Rounds
– Open to All Stakeholders by Final Rounds
– Final Candidates to Be Made Public by November 15
– Recommendation to Board by December 1
– Board Accepts Recommendation or Returns Work to Search Committee
Deadlines may be extended as needed with the approval of the Chair of the Equipo Academy Governing Body.
The School Principal Search Committee
We are assembling a search committee to represent each of the constituencies of Equipo Academy. The Search Committee needs to be formed by October 10, giving us one week for each constituency to elect a member to the Search Committee. This will include seven members from each constituency of the school:
- one student
- one parent
- one alumni
- one teacher
- one non-teacher staff member
- one leadership team member
- one board member
Committee members will be chosen by their constituencies in an election on October 10. Once selected, members will be listed here with a contact link to communicate feedback and ideas during the process.
A Campus Built for Great Teachers
There is no magic curriculum and there are no silver bullets. Great schools are defined by great teachers. So we have worked hard to hire a team and family of incredible educators and we have built an incredible place for them to work. Our commitment to teachers is reflected in every decision we make.
A Best Place to Teach
As a team, we are committed to creating a campus that is a best place to teach. This means providing teachers with the autonomy to design and deliver their best instruction, along with the coaching they need to keep getting better. It means two preps a day and a collaborative environment to make the challenging job of teaching a more sustainable career. And it means a multitude of leadership opportunities for teachers to become campus leaders and career master teachers.
Salaries that Value Great Teaching
Equipo Academy board members have affirmed their commitment to great teachers by offering the highest starting salaries of any Clark County public school and a compensation plan that allows teachers to quickly advance without complicated step- or column- salary structures. Simply put, great teachers are rewarded with the compensation packages they deserve.
Equipo Academy provides comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as life insurance and a comprehensive employee assistance program. As public employees, our teachers are eligible for the same PERS retirement benefits at the same rates that other teachers in Southern Nevada receive. And we have worked closely with our teachers to launch innovative new leave policies as we move into our second and third years of operation, including the first-ever team PTO policy and most generous parental leave policies of any public school in Nevada. Our teachers make our family at Equipo and so our policies respect their families, too.